Re: TR6 Rear Shock Oil

To: Mark Stahlke <mstahlke@denver.infi.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Rear Shock Oil
From: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@feist.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 1997 10:26:01 -0500
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Mark Stahlke wrote:

> Hi,
>    My 71 TR6 is getting a little "springy" in the rear. It looks like the
> shocks may have been leaking a little. Does anyone know how to change the oil
> in the rear lever arm shocks on a TR6?
> How do you drain the oil?
> How much of what kind of oil do you put in?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

I used the Armstrong Lever Shock fluid sold by Moss & others.  I merely
removed the fill plug on top (took shocks off of car first) and inverted
the shock to drain the oil, pumping the lever arm a number of times.
Then, refill to bottom of threads in the fill hole, and reinstall
threaded plug.
--
Martin Libhart
1972 TR6 (driver)