RE: Roller rocker arms - Spitfire??

To: "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>, "cnicholl@lawson.epri.com" <cnicholl@lawson.epri.com>, Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "Charlie B." <cb1500@erols.com>
Subject: RE: Roller rocker arms - Spitfire??
From: R John Lye <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 97 17:42:39 EDT
On Sep 3,  5:39pm, "Vincenti, Ross" wrote:
> Roller rockers are pretty damned expensive for Spits, about $650 or so.

You can probably get a bit better price than that from Richard
Good (Good Parts) in Pennsylvania.  His set for the TR-6 is a
bit cheaper than that.  I've got a set of his TR-4 roller rockers
in my car, and quite like them.

> While nice, and they do help somewhat, at that price they simply are not
> worth it UNLESS you are building a full blown race engine.  For street use
> you would be better off spending $650 on things like some head work, hotter
> cam, free flow exhaust and lightened flywheel, suspension upgrade, etc.
> $650 goes a long way......

Yeah, I pretty much agree with that assessment.  If you've got money
to burn, they sure do look nice when you pop off that valve cover,
though.

John Lye

rjl6n@virginia.EDU
http://avery.med.virginia.edu/~rjl6n/homepage.htm