Once upon a Triumph

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Once upon a Triumph
From: WINDOWSEET@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 13:36:19 -0400 (EDT)
Listers.

I was writing to Dave Terrick in Canada and recalled a story that happened
the first week I owned my 1969 GT6+. I had just returned from Laos after 13
months of tramping the bush and was ready for the experience of a
lifetime.....egtting a new GT6+. I had held off buying a MK 1 because I
didn't like the bumper location. While I was overseas I kept up with things
by reading R&T and Sports Car Graphic. I negotiated a deal on a 1969
JasmineYellow GT6+, which at the time was being sold through a Morgan Dealer
(Joe Cam's Autorama). he promised that even though the factory was on strike
he would have a GT6+ ready and waiting upon my return to the US in November
of 1969. I arrived home and the next day I picked up my car. I was in
ecstacy!

That weekend I drove to Camden New Jersey to visit my cousin (who later that
year would buy a MK 1). On the way home I took City Line Avenue so that I
could stop in Rosemont and ogle the Ferraris at Rosemont Ferrari. As I passed
the Neiman Marcus store I pulled up to a traffic light. On my right a
beautiful blond woman stopped in a metal flake blue Corvette Stingray! Wow,
Ive only owned a Triumph for a few days and already i'm a "babe magnet"! She
reached over to the passenger door and rolled down the window. (oh, this is
gonna be great!!!) She speaks," Hey, your license plate fell off at the last
stop light!" The light turned green and off she went. I sheepishly retrieved
my shiny new Pennsylvania license plate, almost being run over in the
process. If I had been wiser I would have understood that this was a sign of
things to come. In the next three years I would recreate the birth of my GT6+
by dissasembling and reassembling the entire car.

Just wanted to share this anecdote with the list. I'm sure there are a lot of
great Triumph stories out there. We should share them and maybe some day
publish a list of them on the net.

Greg Wolf
70 GT6+ "Ian"
Ann Arbor, Michigan