Shipwright's disease

To: TR8 <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
Subject: Shipwright's disease
From: Bollen <bollen@ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 1997 08:45:00 -0400
Cc: triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Well, I swapped my Rochester for the Holley. The car runs smoother, has
better gas mileage and throttle response, but less at the top end.So I
got an Edelbrock manifold from Woody. Then I figured if that valley
gasket is coming off, why not replace the cam while I'm at it, so thats
on the way. Of course, I should have got the heavy duty valve springs
installed while the heads were off...........
Wody says the crankshaft nut needs an impact wrench to remove. Anyone
have any input on if they have got it off without one? Needless to say
its not something I have in my tool collection.
Stu in DE

74 TR6, 80 TR8