Thrustwasher Success !

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Thrustwasher Success !
From: Carol Zingone <JRHoffman@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 1997 09:30:56 -0400
Cc: vtr@Autox.Team.Net
Listers,

Thanks to all who offered advice and patience over the last two weekends
regarding my thrustwasher project.  I'm *thrilled* to report that I have
managed to get the oil pan down (got the gasket removal tool, wedged it,
tapped once with a hammer, and it practically came bouncing down.  I had
to laugh !), and have replaced the thrustwashers.

Of course, the first one came out very easily, and the second didn't.
Seemed to be getting hung up on something.  Persistence worked, tho, and
a pair of pliers.

Taking the oil pan to the garage to be cleaned out by Mr. Mechanic.
Anxiously awaiting my sump gasket, along with clutch rebuild kits.  Then
I'll finish replacing the radiator hoses....

Removing the gasket wasn't the most amusing...I recommend a pair of shop
goggles/work glasses, since mine insisted on shredding.

Recent posts concerning dial indicators are timely :-)

Thanks again everyone !
Carol Zingone
74 TR6 -- Sybill