RE: Spit Parts - Free!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Spit Parts - Free!
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 11:57:45 -0700
>Hmmmm.  Boy now I am baffled.  I was under the impression from other list
>members that the side windows on the Mk I & II Spits are different from the
>Mk III Spits, and therefore my old hardtop would not fit.  Can anyone on
>the list help?
**********************************
Ross,
All the (Spitfire) rounded windows are the same, all the squared off
windows are the same.  So if you have rounded windows and the top is for
rounded windows it will fit.  With the introduction of the MK 4 the windows
changed to the squared off type, the MK3 *should* have the same rounded off
ones that the eariler cars had.  It is concievable some very late MK 3's
were installed with square windows - Any comments?

Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6/5sp Spitfire ( daily driver )
70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
70 (sorta) Spitfire ( project )
73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )