16" Wheels on TR6

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 16" Wheels on TR6
From: "Ian Clough" <c5h22a@nortel.ca>
Date: 11 Sep 1997 14:59 EDT

Hi Folks,

  This is my first day back on the list after an absence of two months -
great to be back!

  Here's my question: The previous owner of my '75 TR6 put low-profile tires
on it, I like the look of low-profiles, but it really screws up things like
the speedo and the fact that the engine really seems to be screaming at higher
speeds.  What I'd like to do is put on some 16" wheels with low profiles,
bringing the size up to very close to stock.  Does anyone out there have
any experience with 16" wheels??  Any thoughts/comments welcome.

Thanks!

Ian Clough
74 & 75 TR6s
Ottawa