Re: Vintage Miata Register?

To: streeter@sanders.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Vintage Miata Register?
From: TRIPHSTEVE@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 10:24:54 -0400 (EDT)
List-

Ken Streeter wrote that he was trying to stay out of the fray and, as usual,
I agee with him. However, like him, I will add my 2 cents worth.

It seems that many want a car that was popular when they were in high school
or close to that time. For example, how many 30-something year olds have
Model T's at shows? Ever seen someone at a show with a brass radiator car
under 40 years old? Moreover, generally sidescreen owners seem a little more
experienced (older) than TR6 owners. I know these are gross generalizations,
and in many specific cases untrue, but it does seem to be a  general trend I
have observed over the years at car events.

If today our high school students long for a current specific car that they
may not be able to afford until after college and a few years in the job
market, what would it be? I can think of several cars, but only one that is
considered as"affordable" as any LBC was for its' time - yes the M word. Not
to change the topic, but are there others?

Steve "So when did I graduate?" Thornton
Bowling Green, KY

Triumphs:
1954 TR2
1962 TR3B