RE: British Cars Digest #2537 Sat Sep 13 01:35:01 MDT 1997

To: "'Dave H.'" <nowin4me@telis.org>
Subject: RE: British Cars Digest #2537 Sat Sep 13 01:35:01 MDT 1997
From: Chris Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 10:49:37 -0700
Cc: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Dave,

        'Twas truly a beautiful day for a drive.  I took my oldest daughter (5)
up in the Spit, my wife in the Saturn with the two year old (who as yet has not
learned to appreciate the feel of the wind blowing in her hair), driving from
Morgan Hill up to our friends son's first Birthday party.  Funny, all the
parents wanted to go for a quick spin, while only the older kids showed such a
desire.

        Left the party and met up with about a dozen of my club members in the
staging zone for the Willow Glen Founders Day Parade (San Jose).  Quite the
variety of classic and new iron, from '27 T's to 40 Fords, 50 Merc lead sleds,
60's thru 90's vettes, almost any type of hot rod you can imagine.  Our club
sported the complete range: early and late Spits, 3's, 4's, 6's, and a 7
Spyder.  We garnered lots of ooh's and aah's, and lots of appreciative applause
(could have been the candy we were throwing out en mass).

        All in all a great finish to a beautiful day.

Chris Prugh
72 Spitfar
Morgan Hill, CA