Spitfire Engine Cutting Out -- Solved

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Spitfire Engine Cutting Out -- Solved
From: schuyler grace <schuyler@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 22:26:40 -0700
Thanks to all the respondents to my posting about Malibu Barbie's Dream
Car's engine problem.  The solution turned out to be electrical (I
think).  I found the original crimp-on on the coil power lead was so
loose the wire just slipped in and out of the connector (crimping and
soldering on a new connector fixed that), but the problem persisted
until after I swapped the new Lucas condenser for an older one of
unremembered origin.  Even though the problem seemed to go away after
the condenser change, I also dumped the carburetor bowl and checked the
fuel filter for good measure (no trash or gunk in the bowl and the
filter was fine).  We'll see how she does if I can get away for the Choo
Choo show this weekend...I'll bring a friend along to push, just in
case, because I've only got a *driver's* license.  8^p

Thanks, again!

-Schuyler

--
Schuyler E. Grace