British Invasion VII (long)

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: British Invasion VII (long)
From: Keith Ehrlich <75452.105@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 22:48:20 -0400
Cc: "rroc@world.std.com" <rroc@world.std.com>
Scions of the Northeast:

For those attending or thinking of attending the British Invasion VII in
Stowe Vermont this coming weekend or just curious about what goes on there,
I received the detail schedule of events today and here it is in short
form. They plan on 650 British cars in 40 separate classes( estimated 50
TR6, not sure of Spits, TR3s, TR4's and TR8's or Heralds et al)) and hope
to, this year, become the largest all-British car event on the East Coast.
I myself have never attended ( new owner) but am planning to go with Trusty
the Streak and break a personal distance record. I have no affiliation blah
blah.. If you still want to attend but have not yet registered, you can
register on their web page  www.britishinvasion.com or by email to Michael
Gaetano at rroc@world.std.com. As they are looking to break the east coast
record,its a good guess late registrations will be accepted IMO.   I and
others plan to identify ourselves as listers either by displaying the SOL
logo from the SOL web page or simply the triumphs@autox.team.net address on
the windshield. I plan to display my New England Triumphs  BIG MAGNET as
well as a VTR reference. The britishinvasion.com web page has links to
hotel sites.

Friday 9/19

12-6    Registration and sign in
12-4    Autojumble and (for sale)car corral
4:30-6:30       Motorcar tour
6:30-7:30       Reception and cocktail hour

Saturday 9/20
8:30    Registration opens
9:00    Show grounds open to public
        Autojumble
        British marketplace
        Car corral
        British Classic Motorcar Show
        Rolls Royce Cut-away engine display
        British Pub and food concession
10:00   Concours d'Elegance judging
11:00   Peoples Choice balloting
2:30    Concours awards
        Raffle drawings
3:30    People's Choice awards
        British Air roundtrip airfare to London drawing
5:00    Show closes for the day

Sunday 9/21

8:30    Driving tour
9:00    Show grounds open to public
        Autojumble
        Marketplace
        Car corral
        Classic Motorcar show
        Roll Royce cut-away
        Pub and food
10:00   British car club tug of war competition
        Tailgate picnic competition displays
        English herding dog competition
12:30   Tailgate picnic awards
1:00    Concours and 1st place winners drive-by

See you there!

Keith Ehrlich
Concord, MA
74 TR6 CF21812