Oil gun for trunnions

To: "Triumph (E-mail)" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Oil gun for trunnions
From: GLENN BOWLEY <gbowley@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 07:32:44 -0400
Hello all-
I had a question about oiling the front trunnions on my '75 Spit.
What type of tool do you use to shoot the oil into the zerk fittings on the
trunnions?
Can you load the oil into a standard grease gun?
I already took out the existing straight zerk fittings, and replaced them with
45 degree fittings. This will allow me to get
the grease/oil gun onto the fitting without hitting the front coil spring.
When I removed the old fittings, there was evidence that someone (DPO), had
already filled the area with grease. Is this
bad for the trunnions? Do I have to flush the grease out with the oil?
I seem to remember a thread about this subject, but I do not have a copy.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Glenn Bowley in Mansfield, CT
gbowley@snet.net