Re: No subject

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: No subject
From: "Jim Gambony" <gambony@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 09:18:45 PDT
I can toss out another alternative, if the compressed air trick doesn't
work:

The hydraulic line from the clutch master will fit into the front
caliper.  If you happen to have a parts car lying around, or are willing
to pull apart the system on your current car.....

Or you could even use the original brake system!

The same warnings apply to this method.  You need to put a wood block
between the pistons (where the disc normally goes) to keep one from
flying out, and to keep both moving evenly.  Once the first piston is
out you'll have trouble getting the second one out if it isn't already
started.

Me?  I set up a high pressure pump from a Citroen DS model.  The pump is
rated 7000 psi, should be enough!

Jim