Re: Younger generation, was High Tech

To: halls@fdhc.state.fl.us
Subject: Re: Younger generation, was High Tech
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 18 Sep 97 11:16:17
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Scott Hall wrote:

>>I'm 22, and have a basket case Spitfire I love to work on, even though
I'm starting to doubt it'll ever be truly finished.  I've got the
engine running, but it still needs an interior and _heavy_ body work.
 I'd love a 3 or 4A, or a TVR, or an E-type coupe, or (really, really)
a Lotus Elite.  I've even infected my younger brother!  He's looking
for (gak!) an MGA in decent shape to rebuild/play with.  At the risk
of being publicly pilloried on the list, we went to look at one and
<sob> I _liked_ it!  Is there something wrong with me?<<

Not really.  An MGA is a lovely *period* car.  My wife wishes we had one, but
she*s happy to drive the Spitfire as she does.  (I tell her the GT6 is just too
*quirky* for her ... uh .. to handle.  Yeah, that*s it ...)

But MGA resto. projects seem to start around $3-4K, so be prepared to let your
wallet be your therapy ...

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6