New Grant steering wheel for Spit

To: Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: New Grant steering wheel for Spit
From: Susan Hensley <susan@grotecon.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 20:26:35 -0500
Hi all!

My first foray into cyber-space from home for quite a while -- hadn't bothered
to hook everything up after my (January -- yikes!) move...  So after trying for
half an hour to make the o-o-o-ld version of my software work, I did what I
should have done in the first place and installed the new!  Fired right up!

The real LBC content follows:
I have a BEAUTIFUL brand new Grant steering wheel with hub to sell -- I got it
at National, but I am really not thrilled with its color and my interior.  It
is cherrywood, or mahogany, or some other reddish-finished wood, and while
quite gorgeous, I am really not happy with it and my walnut and yellowish
(sheepskin seat covers) interior.  I got a brown wood "Personal" wheel at a
British swap meet today (anyone heard of that brand?!?) that goes much better
with my car, and was wondering if anyone would be interested in picking up this
Grant wheel?  I understand it goes for about $150 new (not sure if that's with
hub or without), and it is in perfect new condition -- not a scratch or blemish
on it.  Anyone interested for $100, plus cost of shipping if applicable?  I am
happy to ship it.

Very nice day out today in Elliott -- my '68 street Spit -- going about 80
miles round-trip to British Auto in Fort Worth.  Hot, but a cool front is
pushing its way through.  A nice TVR convertible, a Jensen Interceptor,
GORGEOUS dark blue Aston Martin (the Boss Mustang look-alike -- not sure what
model), assorted Jags, TR's and MG's, and the new Jag and Aston Martin, which
unfortunately look much alike.  I was very disappointed in Aston Martin for
that one (still a good-looking car)!  I got to take George Curl's race MGB down
the street (thanks, George!), and it was very responsive!  And noisy!  (Thanks,
Supertrapp!)

I will probably go scare the cows (they always throw up their tails and run
when I "aa-OO-gah" at them) tomorrow when it's cooler, bombing around the
country roads in McKinney, Texas.  Have a great weekend, all!

At great length...
Keep Triumphing,
Susan Hensley   %)