Re: Hub Removal - Don't Bother

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Hub Removal - Don't Bother
From: bharris <harris88@rochester.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 10:32:18 -0400
dresden@star.net wrote:

> >Finally read the posting on removing a hub from a Spitfire rear axle.
> >
> >Don't bother.
> >
> >It took me just about 50 tons on a well heated hub  to BLAST mine off.  I
> >then looked at the price of parts and ended up buying a used complete axel in
> >good shape.
> >
> >My advice is don't bother, if you can find a used one, get it.
> >
> >Scott Swanberg, St. Paul, MN
> >'67 GT6
>
> Well, it took me just a breaker bar with a four foot extension to get mine
> off, so why not give it a shot; if it doesn't come off, then back to ground
> zero, and if it does, great.
>
> Nevin

  Vic.
      I've removed my hubs more than once using a carefully placed 3 jaw
gear puller, putting some force on it and striking the puller screw
sharply.of corse how much force and how "sharply" to strike are
subjective. Help from an experiienced friend would be a plus.

                           Good luck,
                           Bob Harris 76 spit fm45276U