Re: Overheating paranoia

To: Ben@seiph.umds.ac.uk
Subject: Re: Overheating paranoia
From: "Charlie B." <cb1500@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 18:23:34 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Ben,

This may seem a little far fetched, but is it possible some of the
carbon you scraped off went down into the engine, possibly blocking a
cooling passage, or an oil passage to the rocker arms?

Are you absolutely sure the head gasket went on the right way? Could
there be cooling and oil passages blocked by a "flopped" installation?

Did you have an overheating problem before the decoke? Did you have
tappet noise before?

You may want to pull the head one more time and check.

Good luck,
Charlie B.