TR6 Differential Oil Seal

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 Differential Oil Seal
From: "Keith M. Taylor" <taylor@cv.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 14:04:50 -0700
The differential on my 75 TR6 is leaking on the pinion end. The
Bentley manual procedure for replacing the oil seal didn't look
too complicated (I'm not much of a mechanic). However, the
fellow I talked to at TRF did not recommend doing this. He said
that the seal is normally replaced as part of a complete
rebuild, everything inside being correctly set with a dial
indicator. The concern is compressing something inside the diff
that could cause the rear end to lock up 25 miles down the road.

Does this jive with the experience of the list?

Thanks in advance,

Keith Taylor
Corvallis, Oregon
1975 TR6