Spit 1500 conv top latches

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spit 1500 conv top latches
From: Ken Tharp <kthinc@dwx.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 21:24:12 -0500
Listers,

I am in need of both latches that secure the convertible top frame to
the top rail of the windshield frame for my '79 Spitfire - here's my
story:

After two years without a convertible top, I recently obtained the
necessary stuff to equip my  Spitfire with same (e.g., the frame and the
top itself - when I bought my car, it had only a factory hardtop). I
picked the car up today from the upholstery shop which did the
installation, and it looks fabulous!! Here's the rub:

During the time between getting the frame repainted and obtaining the
convertible top, I somehow managed to lose track of the latches. I have
a strong suspicion that they are now at the local landfill.

If you have a pair, or if you know where I can find a pair, please let
me know - the top is clamped to the windshield right now, which works,
but doesn't look the greatest!

Ken Tharp
West Des Moines, IA
'79 Spitfire