Body Count

To: lewis mckillop <lsmc@lightspeed.net>
Subject: Body Count
From: Brian Neuschwander <bwnbcg@sjm.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 21:51:33 -0700
Cc: spit <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
lewis mckillop wrote:

>     I have a 63 spit in the middle of a restoration

Lewis-

The earlier the better to keep, when it comes to Spits.  I picked up a
very trashed 65 MKII and was giving serious thought to swapping bodies,
since the old round tail is very rusty and weighed down with lots of
bondo.  Thought a flatback would be easier than fixing the old one.

But the other early mark spit owners convinced me to keep the old body.
You will never recoup your time and money on the resto, but if the car
is sound, you will be best to keep it as original.  Mine was very
unoriginal in many respects, so I opted to keep the  body and change all
the drive train.  I have a overbored and cammed 1500 that is a real
screamer in that lightweight car.

63's are very rare.  If your interest is history, keep is as original.
But remember, it is still your car, do what makes YOU happy!
--
Brian W. Neuschwander
1979 Spitfire, 1965 Spitfire, 1963 Consul Capri