TR6 Clutch Problems

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Clutch Problems
From: Edward Hutchinson <seah@zorba.info.sunyit.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 08:28:12 -0400
God, I hate to start the week off with a message to this list. It can only
mean that something else has gone wrong with the '6.

I was out driving Sunday (what a beautiful day) and everything was working
just fine. I went to downshift from third to second and couldn't. When I
normally shift, I meet with resistance as soon as I begin to depress the
clutch. This time as I depressed the clutch the clutch pedal went down but
there was no resistance until it was about half the way down and I could not
shift into another gear. Managed to nurse it home and got it in the garage.
Checked the fluid level and it's full. Couldn't get under the car to see so
that area remains a mystery.

Wondering if anyone has any ideas before I contact the mechanic whose
children's college education I'm beginning to finance.

BTW - I had the trailing arm replaced and the car has been aligned. There
was a 1" crack in the arm just in front of the place where the wheel bolts
on. Have no idea how it happened and it was there when I bought the car. But
it seems to be fine now.

Appreciate any help with my current problem.

Ed

74 TR6 "Little Blue II" (actually its BRG but my wife just can't seem to adjust)

"If you are good, you will be assigned all the work. If you are
 really good, you will get out of it."

Ed Hutchinson
Financial Aid Office
SUNY Inst. of Technology