Rheostats

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rheostats
From: Bob Jones <JONES_M2@popmail.firn.edu>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 19:48:29 -0500
I read with interest the thread on rheostats as the original on my TR6
quit about five years ago and the replacement I purchased didn't last
very long at all.  As the new ones cost so much I direct wired mine
also.  I have always figured that there is a rheostat for another car,
either American or Jap, that would mount behind the dash with a shaft
that the original tuning knob would fit on.  I just haven't located the
right one.  The rheostats that are fitted to the newer cars are so much
better than the original fitted to Triumphs it seems foolish to keep
spending on the available ones sold for TRs. Of course I want to keep
the original appearence so I won't consider anything that require a
visible modification.
Does anyone have any experience along this line.
Bob