Mobelec Electronic Ignition

To: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Mobelec Electronic Ignition
From: Chris Bullock <bullobc@vtxix.slg.eds.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 08:58:04 -0400
Cc: "'Joe Merone'" <jmerone@vtetv.org>
Morning,

Just a quick thanks to Joe Merone and Trevor the TR6 for temporarily
donating some 'organs' for diagnostic work on the PI - car left me
stranded yesterday as it wouldn't start.  Some part of my Mobelec
electronic
ignition (anyone seen one?  made in England, external box similar to
Allison/Crane)
failed so Joe brought over a spare points set and a coil - fired right up!

So, Joe left me with the points installed and I'm off to buy a new coil - I
need
to dig into saved notes on all the internal/external ballast, etc.
terminology as
my old coil says - 'for use only with electronic ignition with external
ballast resistor' and I don't believe I can use it with a standard points
setup.

We've had a tremendous week of weather here in colorful Vermont - supposed
to continue right through the weekend.  Thanks again, Joe, for helping me
to get back on the road in time to take in a little more foliage with the
top down!

Chris Bullock
Colchester, Vermont

1970 RHD TR6 PI  CP51686 O