Re: V-8's

To: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: V-8's
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 20:34:45 +0100
Cc: "The Stretz's" <ccfarm@tranquility.net>, Dennis Reese <dennisr@premier1.net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Malcolm Walker wrote:

> Neither the Cobra nor the Tiger can handle corners all that well, however.
> There's a nice long straight stretch of highway near where I live.  One
> day a Tiger owner decided to "see what she'll do".
>
> He ain't around any more.
>
> -Malcolm

Beg to differ Malcolm! Most people think the Tiger is a nose heavy pig,
but the engine was set back far enough to achieve a 55%/45%  front/rear
weight ratio. The Tiger is heavy turning at parking lot speeds, but at
road speeds (and trust me, way beyond anything legal speed!) it is a
really nice handling ride, especially when fitted with modern tires. As
for late Tiger pilot, many a driver has put the pedal down in a car that
was beyond their ability and good judgment.
I can't comment on the Cobra, having never driven one. But, if the
opportunity presented itself, I'll gladly report back on the experience!