Re: Triumphs by another name

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Triumphs by another name
From: Scott McGibney <mcgibney@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 21:47:30 +1300
hi Peter

Might want to check the Morgan list out with this one. I'd say you're pretty
safe dropping just
about any euro motor of the appropriate era in there as that's what the
"factory" did - being a
small cottage shop, Morgan used a variety of engines in their cars and would
fit requested
powerplants for a price. Interestingly you would be correct to fit a four cyl
Triumph in the
Plus4 as this was the most commonly fitted engine. The Ford 1600 (Cortina) is
the other popular
(and cheap!) motor - came in the 4/4 model, or drop in a Rover (Buick) 3.5 V-8
and you've got a
plus8. Don't know what model that Saturn 5 motor would fall under - definite
frame
reinforcement needed, probably need to plumb fuel piping through all leading
edges to prevent
meltdown at speed.

Scott Mc