Center dash Support/Recover - ANOTHER OPTION!!!!!!

To: Phil Smith <smith007@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Center dash Support/Recover - ANOTHER OPTION!!!!!!
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 20:33:03 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Phil Smith wrote:

> Stripped the old cover off the Center Dash Support (early TR6),frame was
> not in the best of shape! Received the recover kit from TRF today, did a
> quick check. It is pretty nice looking, however on the passenger side
> leg, there didn't seem to be enough material to wrop around all of the
> leg. I will have to check it again? It is recommended that the frame be
> sandblasted first, before you try to glue the new cover. I talked to a
> rep at the TRF, the other day, they are going to have the complete
> recovered center Dash Support for sale hopefully in a couple of
> weeks,they're in the final inspection stage concerning the alluminum
> frame. I don't know? $250.00 there abouts is alot of money, but what are
> you to do if you have a nice interior, and this %$#@& dash support? What
> kind of glue should I use? I flunked glue in Kindergarden. Bye the way
> the kit was $95.00. Glue or not to glue,Monza or not Monza,panasports or
> wires, redlines, yes or no, 205-70-15 or what? Thank God I already got
> past the engine decision, body color and interior color. I may have to
> get LBC hobby to help me relieve the stress.
>
> Phil Smith
> Tampa, FL.
> 69 TR6

FOR THOSE OF YOU ON A TIGHT BUDGET...

Underneath the vinyle and foam of that center support on the TR 4
through TR 6 is an aluminum support with the same shape...

If you're on a tight budget... and original vinyle is just trashed...
then strip the stuff off... get it down to the aluminum... prime it,
apply a little bondo or that red stuff to fill little pits... sand it...
and paint it gloss or semi-gloss black... It looks great...

Let some future owner call you a DPO, and buy a recover kit.  Meanwhile,
use that money for something more practical.

My 2 cents.

Justin
http://www.greenheart.com/jmwagner
jmwagner@greenheart.com