Re: TR6 seats

To: who@sover.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 seats
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 11:04:34 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-10-24 10:23:17 EDT, who@sover.net writes:

> I will not be removing the seat covers for my '72 TR6 until I have new foam

>  and covers in hand. I am curious about the frame for my seats. I really do

>  not like the look of these seats which are the tall seats using the
>  integrated headrest.

Winnie:

Before you make the swap, try out the later seats in a friend's car - you
might not want to do it. I have found the seats you mention to be much more
comfortable than the later models, as have several of my friends. Of course,
that is a very individual thing, and you may well prefer the seating of the
later ones, but you should try them before you swap.

If, after trying them, you still want to swap, I have a pair of frames (no
foam or upholstery) from a '75 that I would be glad to trade you for your '72
seat frames.

The seat frames themselves are different, but they all fit to the seat floor
rack the same. Swapping is just a "take out the old, put in the new"
proposition, involving only two bolts per seat.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74