Attention Forrest Bridges

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Attention Forrest Bridges
From: cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil (Bruce T. Clough)
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 07:32:47 -0400
Sorry to bomb the list, but I sent this to Forrest, but mindspring.com
bounced it back (not the only one I write to on mindspring that gets
bounced back).

Forrest,

I painted a TR2 frame with Hammerite paint.  Bought a gallon at a hardware
store and thinned it with xylene.  Sprayed okay, but it is very brittle.  The
spray can stuff can be lifted by gas spills, I don't know about the brush on
stuff, but I'd suspect it is also vulnerable to gas.  If I had to do it over
again I'd use epoxy enamel, urethane, or a POR-15 type product.

Bruce Clough