Re: Spitfire Misfire?

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Misfire?
From: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@feist.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 11:32:11 -0500
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Andrew Mace wrote:

Now, my question to you three: do any of you have the "correct" original
U.S.-spec.
stop/tail lamp lens, which is NOT the same as the 1962-69 Spitfire? :-)
--Andy

Sorry to "eavesdrop".  I do have the correct lenses.  Both were in pretty rough
shape from an appearance viewpoint, but were not cracked or chipped.
Ultimately, I
spent about an hour in front of the TV with each lens, a soft cotton cloth, and
some Blue Coral Extra Fine Polishing liquid.  They now look absolutely like new!

Martin Libhart
1970 Spitfire Mk.3 (still under the knife, though)
FDU75026L