Hello All

To: "'Triumphs'" <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Hello All
From: "Wood, Jeff" <JWood@MediaOne.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 1997 17:11:43 -0400
Hi,

        I'm a new subscriber to "Triumphs" and I thought I'd introduce
myself. My name is Jeff Wood, and Triumphs are my hobby (or curse ;) )

        I presently own a '74 Spitfire 1500 (or Mk4...) as well as a '64
Mk I. The '64 was my first Triumph, and as I bought it as a youngster, I
didn't realize just what it was until after I had trashed it fairly
well. Since it's hopeless to try a full restoration, I'm currently in
the process of putting the '64's body onto a '69 GT6+ frame, using the
Plus's engine and overdrive transmission, rear end, etc. The body fit
well, but I had to make mounts for the shocks, and add some mounts for
the radius-arms, as the GT6 is a Rotoflex rear end. I plan on using the
original doors, but I wish to add the wing windows. Since the MK I had
round cornered windows, and GT6's all had squared corners, this will
involve some custom glass, or a piece of Lexan.

        The '74 is the driver, I'm it's second owner. It's in decent
shape, needs interior, but the body is good. I have put most of my
efforts into the engine and transmission so far, and it's been worth it.
This car is stock, except for the japanese alternator. I have some Lucas
alternators now, just need to find the time to put one in. When this car
came to me, it stood in need of an engine overhaul and a transmission. I
used a single-rail unit, since I had 2 of them laying about.

        The 64 is red (of course...) and the '74 is the original purple,
or burgundy.

        Hope to hear for all of you in the future.

                                                        Jeff Wood