Re: LBC's in films,was Moto-Lita (Long,sorry)

To: RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: LBC's in films,was Moto-Lita (Long,sorry)
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 13:32:36 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 29/10/97  16:23:02, you write:

<< Subj:         Re: LBC's in films,was Moto-Lita (Long,sorry)
 Date:  29/10/97  16:23:02
 From:  RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
 To:    hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk (Johnny Storm:- International Racing car driver)
 CC:    GuyotLeonF@aol.com, curry@wolfenet.com (joecurry),
amace@unix2.nysed.gov, smith007@ix.netcom.com (philsmith),
triumphs@autox.team.net, RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK

 >Leon writes:

 >> Do you remember the Aston Martin DB Convertible pushed of the cliff by
the
 >> 'Mafia' at the very beginning of the Film 'The Italian Job' ? Well,it was

 From what I remember, they made apporx 60(ish) DB4 volantes, sorry Leon!!
:-)

Very possibly old man,but I'm sure they were all different from one another
in some way,being handbuilt! (bit like Triumphs really),(almost)
"All my Convertibles are handbuilt,often more than once!"

Also, that story about using two cars is rubbish, I heard that before, they
 said the first car didn't explode in the proper position so they used a
second,
 well that still doesn't explode.  I heard it was a rebodied Lancia Flavia(I
 think) that they used, don't know if thats true, perhaps I'll write to
Newport
 Pagnell, it's only up the road, in fact can't you pop in and ask for us all
Pat
 Catchpole, that's your neck of the woods. :-)  Also, the Lambo Miura at the
 start that ran 'into' a digger, why was it flat????  Surely the front would
 have been crushed, and while I'm here, why didn't it have an engine in it???

Well,it may have been a rumor? Can someone find out please? If you read my
words properly,you will see that I did not say that everything was set in
concrete!
You know how these Chinese wispers spread,and no Richard,I am certain that
was not a Lambo at the beginning that got 'flattened' it was most definately
a signal red E-Type. Anyhow who could ever imagine any italian destroying an
italian car?
Anyhow,the whole point was that these were cars brought into Italy to do a
bank job by British gangsters and all the cars they were using were
British,not Italian!!!
The e-type did not 'run-into' anything,it was a Diggers scoop that was
brought down on the non-moving E-types windscreen frame,smashing the
windscreen,and bending the windscreen frame flat across the front seats of
the car.

 Also, why did the mini's that went over the cliff at the end NOT have twin
 tanks when the others used in the film did???

Duh,because they weren't Coopers perhaps??? (only my guess)

 On the subject of the E-types, yes, two did get trashed, the Coupe was a
write
 off, but the convertible was repaired.

That is what I said isn't it? The Convertible was repaired.

 > I last saw goldfinger ooh quite recently, got all the Vids you see- not
 >a patch on the books mind......

 Ha ha, me too, and I've got the Italian job!!! :-)  Books are OK, but they
are
 pretty useless if you can't read :-)

Are you saying you can't read Rich?
:-) Leon

 Rich

nb.Have any other listers got any ideas about this subject? (other than
Johnny & Rich please?)