Re: Electronic Tach

To: Peter Lucas <pllj@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Electronic Tach
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 21:20:02 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Peter Lucas wrote:

> Has anyone ever replaced their mechanical tach with an electronic one.
> It needs to fit in the dash of a 64 Spitfire. The reason I'm looking
> into this, is due to the fact that I replaced my distributor (that had a
> tach drive) with one that does not.
> Thanks in advance,
> PL
Peter, It sounds like that is the only option you have.  There have been
several people I have conversed with on the Tach issue, that I assume
the two have the same hole size.  Hooking up an electronic tach is not
difficult to connect.

One lead goes to the coil negative connection
One goes to Ground
The third goes to Power and the voltage stabilizer.

However, I think the Electronic tachs are relatively hard to find.  They
are in high demand and relatively few were made.

You always have theoption of an after-market one.  Won't look the same,
but all the instructions are there for connection.

Good Luck,
Joe Curry   '63 Spit (ragged but reliable Mechanical Tach)