re: sticking TR6 heater valve

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, ssutton@ridgecrest.ca.us
Subject: re: sticking TR6 heater valve
From: mrdr@buckeyeweb.com (The Romagni's)
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 1997 09:07:03 -0500
Steve Sutton wrote:

>Does anyone else have a problem with their heater water valve sticking open
>when hot?

>On mine (on it's second valve from TRF), I can easily pull out the heater
>control knob (for more heat) when hot or cold, however when the engine is warm
>I can no longer push the heater control valve in until the engine cools down.
>It has done this with both replacements from TRF.

>Not really a problem, just a minor irritant.

Hi Steve,

I have the same problem with my 74. To get the heat off, I open the hood
and slide the valve closed. I thought it was a cable problem, as the
cable housing had seperated where the cable mounts into the dash. I
ordered a TRF new cable, but still have the problem.

Just one of the "features" on the car I guess!!

Marty Romagni
1974 TR6