Re: Jaguar Association of New England Slalom...LONG

To: tomomalley@hey.net
Subject: Re: Jaguar Association of New England Slalom...LONG
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 1997 20:04:24 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
tomomalley@hey.net wrote:

> So did I beat anybody?  Nah!  Well...I might have just eeked out one
> of the Astons by a hair...but that's not the point. Practically, on a
> small tight course like this I'd think the larger cars would be
> working at a disadvantage.  In fact I'm amazed at how well they did.
> Adam drove his mostly stock XJ6 with a time several seconds under my
> own.  This car is neither small nor light....MUCH better pilot though.
> :-)

Tom,
In case you are unaware, you own two of the finest Slalom/autoctoss
platforms ever produced.  With the incredible turning radius and sharp
handling, the Spit is ideal for tight slaloms.

In my youth, I watched a couple of prepared Spits consstantly take
overall honors at all the events in West Texas and Eastern Mew Mexico.

These were specially prepared with weight removal, suspension setup,
some engine mods (within stock parameters), special tires.

The only time that they were out classed is in those events (usually put
on by the local Vette club) that were setup with quarter mile straights
and few tight turns.

Now that you are hooked, with a little practice, you too will stand up
there during awards presentation.

Joe Curry, '63 Spit