Re: triumphTR7

To: Zach Grove <grove@ptinet.net>
Subject: Re: triumphTR7
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 1997 21:30:43 +0000
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Zach Grove wrote:

> I'd like to put a small block Chevy V-8 in a TR-7.  Do you have any
> info about how to do this?  Or a 302 Ford engine, but would prefer
> the Chevy.  Pros and cons.  Thank you very much.
>
> P.S.  Who can I contact for any more info?
>
> Zach Grove - Computer Consultant - grove@ptinet.net

The obvious advantage to the SB Ford is that the Distributor is in
front- you won't have any clearance problems with the firewall. It also
doesn't hurt that the Mustang has outsold the Camarao 4:1 for the past
decade. The pool of used engines and speed parts is definately tilted
toward the Blue Oval corner. The later roller cam 302 with a set of
aluminum heads makes a lot of power for it's weight. The Ford world
class 5-speed is also another good reason. Of course 3 Tigers and 2
Mustang GT's in the past 19 years might mean I'm biased! Despite insane
levels of abuse, I never broke anything on those engines or drivelines!
Rev' em to the redline, dump the clutch and burn baby, burn!