Wiring wonderment (TR3A turn signals)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Wiring wonderment (TR3A turn signals)
From: kinderlehrer@mindspring.com (Kinderlehrer's)
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 00:59:33 -0500 (EST)
Once agian I turn to the exalted experts of the list.

I have successfully installed a new control head, and a new stator tube,
thanks to some help from the list.  I did run into several problems I would
be glad to detail for anyone contemplating a similar repair.

Getting the head and stator tube installed was, it turns out the easy part.
Trying to get the wiring right is another issue.  I have, however, been
able to get the left side working completely, front, rear, and dash board
indicator. Once I figured out that the DPO had the wires in the lamp itself
switched, it got a lot easier.

I cannot, however, get the right rear to light. If I turn the switch to the
right, the right front will flash, but the dash indicator light and the
right rear stay dark.  So far I have:
1. Tested the bulb.
2, cleaned the paint off the ground and hot terminal in the lamp
3. connected a test light to the connector under the hood that should be
the lead to the rear bulb, it flashes, although I don't believe the
indicator light flashes under this test.
4, connected a wire to the hot lead in the lamp, ran it around to the front
of the car and used a continuity tester to the connector I believe to be
the wire to the rear lamp, and it must be, beacuse the test is positive
(light goes on).
4. Connect that same wire to the same connector that made a test light
flash - nada.
5. Tried the test light at the same connector in the lamp that tested
positive to the lead under the hood - nothing.

I must be overlooking the perfectly obvious. Can anyone point it out to me?

Thanks muchly,

Bob