Re: Vote for British Car

Subject: Re: Vote for British Car
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 10:07:43 +0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
On Tue, 4 Nov 1997, Richard Ceraldi-ERC004 wrote:

> LBC Owners,
> This week my GT6 is in the Photo contest on the "My Classic Car" website.
> Please take the time and help a Lowly British Car beat out all the American
> Muscle Cars in this weeks contest.
> http://www.myclassiccar.com/gallery/gallery.shtml

OK, you've got another vote -- from me. Tough choice, though. I have fond
memories of a 1965 Corvair convertible given to me by an exchange student
returning to Switzerland (he was going to abandon it at JFK airport --
that was 1971, but if I'd only hung onto it until now....).

Then there's the Chevelle Malibu and Mercury Comet, awakening thoughts of
AMT 3 in 1 model kits -- sniff, sniff (tears, BTW, NOT a reference to the
glue used to assemble the kits) -- of so long ago.

And what up with that Vignale Gamine? I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS IS
(enlighten me, someone), but it's cute! Besides, Giovanni Michelotti, the
Triumph owner's favorite stylist, had more than a passing connection to
the Vignale studios.

Above cars notwithstanding, though, the GT6 gets my vote! ;-)

--Andy