Re: Carbs

To: James Charles Ruwaldt <jruwaldt@indiana.edu>
Subject: Re: Carbs
From: Tomislav Marincic <74137.3420@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 11:30:42 -0500
Cc: Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
        Jim,

        The paper clip trick is only for '68-'70 carbs. It does not apply
your carbs, and you should be glad, since that procedure requires removing
the air valve for each adjustment. It is a desperate, band-aid fix on an
otherwise non-adjustable carb. Your carbs are much more easily adjusted, by
design.

        The use of "service tool S353" is fully documented in the factory
workshop manual, procedure 19.15.17, complete with lovely diagrams that
make everything perfectly clear. If you purchase Bently's "Complete
Official..." book, which contains both the owner's and workshop manuals,
you will find this on page 226.

        I like the Haynes manuals myself, but this is a good example of why
it pays to own both. If I'm not being intrusive, I'd strongly suggest you
borrow or purchase a copy of the Bently manual before making any further
adjustment to your carbs.

        Good Luck!

        Tom Marincic