Second Annual British Car Week

To: Healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Second Annual British Car Week
From: Trmgafun <Trmgafun@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 21:32:03 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
11-6-97
Re: Second Annual British Car Week

Hello chaps,

I realize this is a bit premature for an event that is to take place in 6
months, but I wanted to make sure the word got out in plenty of time to enable
all publications to post this in their Winter and Spring issues.  The write up
below is for everyone to use and help promote British Car Week.  Since this
event is for all British car enthusiasts, it is important that we reach them
all.  If any of you belong to the other lists, please forward this message.

Thanks to all!!

Scott Helms

                               The Second Annual British Car Week
                                                May 18-24, 1998

This past year some of you may have heard about the First Annual British Car
Week.
This idea came from an article titled "Seldom Seen Cars" written by Peter Egan
for the March 1997 issue of Road & Track magazine.  In this article, Mr Egan
writes that he never see's old sports cars on the road anymore.  As a result,
we've decided to do what we can to help change this, for British cars anyway.

This Spring, British Car Week will be celebrated during the third full week of
May  (May 18 - 24).  The object of this week is for all British car owners to
get their car(s) out of the garage, drive them, and help promote these
treasured cars in whatever ways we can.  Most of you drive your cars during
the summer months and for some, throughout the year, but rarely do we drive
them on the roads in unison.  This special week has been set aside for owners
of "all British marques", to help promote these cherished cars, and possibly
attract the attention of another potential enthusiast, young or old, who might
decide to get involved and help preserve our hobbies, businesses, clubs, and
most of all, our cars, and help us keep them on the roads!!

Last year, the participation was very strong.  Many clubs got together and
planned outings, ranging from picnics, club meetings, or drives to a special
location.  Others used their cars for errands or drove them to and from work
and found that it was so enjoyable, they kept right on doing so all Summer
long.  As indicated by Gary Anderson, Publisher of British Car Magazine, this
event didn't create any traffic jams that we know of, but it did attract some
attention and got people talking about these cars which is exactly what was
intended.

We have constructed a web page on the internet devoted to British Car Week.
Last year we invited drivers to share their driving experiences with us.  The
stories were posted for all to read and enjoy.  We got some very interesting
replies!!  This next year we will do the same.  Stop by and visit the web page
at:

           http://members.aol.com/Trmgafun/britishcarweek.html  (Note: capital
T)

If any of you belong to other clubs or subscribe to magazines that cater to
any British marques, please make a copy of this letter, send it to them, and
help pass the word.  If you are a subscriber of a service on the internet, I
can e-mail you a copy of this letter.  Since we have a very low budget, the
help of fellow enthusiasts is crucial.  If you are not on the internet, send a
letter to your club and let them know what you are planning.  Thanks to all
who have participated and to those who are about to.

See you on the road,

Scott Helms - Promoter

TRMGAFUN@AOL.COM