Grease Nipple on Trani:TR6

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Grease Nipple on Trani:TR6
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 1997 08:00:00 -0800
While working under the TR6 around the transmission housing (yes,
the dreaded filler plug, and no, it has not been removed :(  ),
I noticed a grease nipple on the right side (facing the engine)
at about mid point. I can find no reference to this in the shop
manual and it is not listed in the maintenance section. What does
this grease and any specific info on proper maintenance would be
appreciated (grequency, type of grease, number of pumps from
grease gun, etc.).

Also, the manual references draining the rear axel/dif. and filling
etc.  Where do you drain the differential from. The filler plug is on
the
side of the casing so can't drain from there.

Thanks

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6