[Fwd: Re: Need some Stag help]

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Fwd: Re: Need some Stag help]
From: bharris <harris88@rochester.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 1997 13:59:59 -0500
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 1997 13:58:07 -0500
From: bharris <harris88@rochester.infi.net>
To: Vito Pacione <vito@argohouston.com>
Subject: Re: Need some Stag help

Vito Pacione wrote:

> I am looking for the wiring harness connector on a late model Stag (73)
> that connects to the brake pressure warning switch. I would consider a
> whole wiring harness if it is unmolested. Someone decided to cut my
> connector off of the car.
>
> Also, I understand that you have to "centralize" the pressure switch. It
> says you have to do this to the opposite axle from where the switch has
> moved to. My rear brakes seem to have locked up. I assume that the switch
> has also done its lockout thing and that I have to bleed the front brakes
> to reset it?
>
> How sensitive is this process? Has anyone done this and have anything I
> should watch out for as well as maybe a better explanation than exists in
> the manual. I'm kind of confused...

 Vito,
      This switch should not move unless you loose hyd.pressure in one
of your brake systems.when the valve shifts, it shuts off the fluid to
the "open side" so your system can retain fluid and pressure to the side
that is still intact (hopefully) and you will still have half of your
brakes. When this valve "trips" you can feel it in the brake pedal and
hear it. You should be able to read the switch with an ohm meter to see
if it is tripped. If the two terminals are "open" the switch is not
tripped.
         This is how it is on a spitfire and I assume it would be the
same on your Stag. I would suggest getting a manual for your car, The
piece of mind I get from knowing my car makes the cost insignifigint
(sp) Hope this is of some help.
                                         Bob Harris
                                         76 Spit FM45276U