TR5's

To: martin <msecres@ibm.net>
Subject: TR5's
From: Tomislav Marincic <74137.3420@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 15:20:41 -0500
Cc: R Hadley <RHadley786@aol.com>, Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
        Martin Secrest wrote: "Just yesterday I was at my local LBC shop
(Motorhead, in Fairfax, VA), when I saw a perfect blue '68 TR250.  What a
great car.  The owner had a variety of windshield stickers indicating
membership to VTR and CTR and Six-Pack -- is he/she lurking here?

        Hey! That's me! Thanks for making my day, Martin. I was bumming
over the monster bill for welding my cracked front suspension mount,
cracked diff mount, and several other repairs, when I saw your post. (No
slam on Motorhead, they did great work and stuck to their estimate).
Perfect? Giddaddahere. Thanks a million, your *timing* was perfect.

        To the gent who is looking for a TR5: I think there are only 12 in
the U.S., none "officially" imported. (Note to Joe Curry: this list would
take less time than Spitfires.) I saw a LHD model at Triumphs Only in San
Jose (408) 947-7766 in very nice shape a year ago, I think they still have
it. It spent most of its life in Texas, has some special high-speed goodies
from TriumphTune, very nice condition, BRG. Are you sitting down? $18,500
for the privilege of owning Satan's Own fuel injection system and wild-a**
cam. For me, the TR250 works better.

        Best Regards,

        Tom Marincic
        CD 3574L