Re: Fuel lines revisited...

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Fuel lines revisited...
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 17:49:38 -0800
Peter:

As I recall, when I recently (April of this year) made up my new fuel line
to go around the front of the motor, I used a 5/16" line, with a
compression fitting/ferrule/olive at the pump end.  The diameter goes down
to 1/4" only after the tee which splits the line into two to feed both
carbs.  I also did not have the pipe anymore that splits to the two carbs.
Here's what I did:  First of all, I bought all these parts at your basic
auto parts store, and they were all pretty cheap.  I got a section of 5/16"
pipe, (I think it was 5 feet long, though naturally I didn't need to use
ALL of it) and after I figured out the bends and turns, I installed one end
on the pump and at the other end, the pipe connects to a brass tee
fitting/adapter.  The pipe connects to the adapter with another compression
fitting, and the two outlets on the adapter each received a hose fitting
(my own term).  The "hose fitting" threads into the adapter, but the "free"
end is designed so that you just slip a hose over it, with a clamp.  It has
a small flare on the end to aid sealing.  So, I have two 1/4" I.D. hoses
connected to the outlets on this adapter tee, and each of those goes to a
carb.  I would like to have pipes here rather than the hose, but OH WELL!
This set-up works just beautifully.