TR6 Rebuild Questions

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 Rebuild Questions
From: "Richard W. Leopold" <rleopold@frontiernet.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 97 20:53:00 -0400
First, a thanks to the many contributors to this list. The rope trick
learned here saved me what I'm sure would have been many frustrating
hours trying to free a reluctant head from the block. Worked like a charm.

Now on to business at hand.

1. I recently acquired a 73 TR6that's been in storage for the last 12 or
so years. It has an indicated 55k on the odometer. I plan to remove the
engine and replace the following wear items: rings, bearings, thrust
washers, rocker arms, valve guides.

Are there other parts that I'm overlooking that should be replaced? I
don't mind coming up with a few extra bucks now, if it will return
increased longevity down the road.

2. How do you get the rehostat knob off to remove it from the dash? There
isn't a hole to release the button on the rehostat shaft. The last time I
did this I had to destroy the knob. Is this the only way?

3. The 73 came with a pair of fiberglass front fenders. They've never
been on the car. Does anyone have an idea of their value?

TIA,

Richard Leopold
75 TR6 Done and drivin'
73 TR6 new project