TR6 tires and added on redlines

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 tires and added on redlines
From: Robert Rudolphi <robertr@digex.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 22:28:20 -0800
Cc: robertr@digex.net
I am thinking about ordering 215/70r 15 tires from British Wire wheel for
my 74 TR6. I read the thread some time ago about the correct size and the
overall diameter of the 215 is closer then a 205 to the stock 185/15 tire.
My question is anyone running these on stock rims and are there any
clearance problems. Secondly, does anyone have first hand experience with
the redlines they add. BWW states they will not turn brown, but I remember
some time ago there was talk of the redlines turning brown but I do not
believe anyone said it happened to them. Thanks in advance for any feedback
Robert Rudolphi
74 TR6