Moto-lita Sterring Wheel

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Moto-lita Sterring Wheel
From: CAMHI ALAN <camhi@symbol.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 97 12:12:30 -0500
Hi Everyone,

 I am going to buy a Moto-Lita steering wheel for my TR4.  My questions
are as follows:

1 .How do you remove the old wheel and replace it with the new.

2.  I'm a big guy and currently with the standard factory wheel, I have
the wheel slightly rubbing against my legs(yes the seat is all the way
back).  If I go with one of these wheels, will they be even tighter
against my legs(i.e. do they mount closer to the dash or further away
from the dash.)

3.  Currently there is a 15" wheel being used.  Does it make sense to go
with a 14" to allow for more room? Also is the feel of a smaller wheel
that noticeable?  This is not a concourse car.

Thanks for everyone's help on this.  I am most concerned about how to
remove the old wheel and then how to install the new one.  If anyone is
interested, i'm ordering from Finish Line, Inc.  They are substantially
less that the big guys.  I have to confirm it but if memory serves, the
wooden wheel and hub came to about $200.  The big guys are about $240.

I'll keep everyone posted as to the quality of the wheel  once  I get it.

Cheers,

Alan Camhi
'65 TR4