Re: TR6 OD Conversions...

To: streeter@sanders.com, owner-triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 OD Conversions...
From: KMNTR6@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 15:28:56 -0500 (EST)
Cc: autojumble@Autox.Team.Net
Ken

2 years ago I retro-fitted my '74 TR6 with a j-type overdrive tranny. It was
the very BEST modification that you can make to a TR6. I also make long
drives in my TR6. It rides better, gets better mileage, and it doesn't beat
me to death on a long drives. When I found my OD transmission they were rare
as hen's teeth. From what I'm told by some of my fellow RTR members, they
still are... only more so, and they've gotten pretty pricey too. I guess it's
supply and demand. If you don't find one here on the list I would suggest
trying at Carlisle and Bowie. Good luck. By the way did you get the parts I
sent you? How was the steering wheel?
Later
Ken Nachman
Richmond (VA) Triumph Register