TR7 repair help

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR7 repair help
From: "Byron N. Brashears" <brashears@hughes.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 1997 06:54:09 -0800
I finally got my 79 TR7 convertible running well enough to get it
registered and smogged here in So. Cal.
But I still have some problems. The mechanic feels that the timing chain
is one tooth off, I had the head redone, and replaced the timing chain
and camshaft gear (I did both) I replaced the master and slave clutch
cylinders, I can put it reverse after just starting the car in morning
(cold) but I can not put it in reverse easily after it warms up. The car
seems a bit gutless is there a timing setting to get more HP?
(California car set at 2 degrees atdc) When I turn on the heater there
is leak somewhere I have not located yet. I need this car to run for 2
weeks while I repair another 79 TR7 rag top another blown head and
wiring problems, after the 79 comes the 76 TR7 coupe blown head and
leaking brake lines.