1978 Spitfire Parts Needed

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 1978 Spitfire Parts Needed
From: John Baker <dmjbaker@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 07:42:53 -0500
Hello,

I am VERY close to having all of the parts needed to complete my restoration of
my 1978 Spitfire.  Below is a list of parts that I need, as you can guess I am
changing the Spit to an J-Type Overdrive, please send your reply to
dmjbaker@erols.com.

Parts Needed,

Spedo angle drive for a J-Type Overdrive,
Transmission Mount for a J-Type Overdrive,
Overdrive Relay and Wiring,
Hazard Knob for a 1978 Spitfire (Mine is broken, switch is fine),
Plate that the Radio attaches to (I have the dash board support and the radio),
Front Rubber bumpers (both sides).

In case anybody is interested I purchased my 1978 Spitfire 1500 in January of
1997.  Spent the month of February labeling, taking pictures and taking the car
apart.  In March I purchased a frame as mine was rusted beyond repair, and
continued to dismantle what was left of the car.  I sand blasted the frame and
painted it on the inside and out with 'coreless?'.  I then got a left side
sill, floor pan and rear fender and then welded them in place.  I have
completed the frame, and have rebuilt/replaced everything that attaches to the
frame including the Engine, Transmission, front and rear suspension.

I still have to complete the body work and mount the engine and transmission to
the frame, and of course put it back together.  I am hoping to have it
completed by summer of 1998.  I will probably never make any money out of it
and like the rest of you its more of a labor of love than anything else, and
besides this is the third spitfire that I have owned.

I also own a 1965 that is in a shed waiting its turn, and I am sure that I will
need lots of parts when I start that project so keep tuned.

Thank You
John Baker
1978 Spirfire (1500), 1965 Spitfire (MKII),
like M&M's you cannot have just one