Re: temp gauge

To: drew@pixar.com
Subject: Re: temp gauge
From: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 16:52:30 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
drew@pixar.com wrote:

> On Nov 16,  5:49pm, fred thomas wrote:
>
> [snip]
>

> > Ken, just like you say, then two tie straps across top of water pipe,
> > then one vertical, three loops, thru fire wall around passenger side of
> > heater, one loop & into dash.In the service manual under cooling section
> > page # 4 figure # 6
> >-- End of excerpt from fred thomas
>
> Hi Fred,
>
> I tried this routing when I installed my rebuilt temp gauge but the
> capillary tube was pretty taught when I was done. Now it could be
> that the tube is too short or the gauge is in the wrong hole. I looked
> at every TR3 I could at the Palo Alto show but there seemed to be
> just about every possible combination of which gauge/light/switch goes
> in what ever hole. Do you (or anyone else) know of a difinitive
> source for information of how the center instrument panel, speedometer
> and tach are supposed to be layed out on a LHD 1958 TR3A?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Drew
>
> --
> Drew Rogge
> drew@pixar.com

DREW, top left(drivers side) OIL--top Right (pass) FUEL
Lower (driver) Temp. lower right (pass) AMP.
This is per TRA " judging Guide & restoration standards. Also FWIW "me"
Some of the rebuilt guages have a shorter line and will not reach around
the heater the way the service manual calls for, so improvise. Good Luck